Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Shortened Work Day


After spending Friday working with my parishioner, Greg Starnes, with his crew that drains farmland, I worked some Saturday on the house.

Work accomplished, as shown in these pictures, was:
1.) Finished cross-bracing the floor joists in preparation for the 3/4" T&G plywood subflooring
2.) Put down pea gravel under the joists to keep down weeds
3.) Brought another load from the storage shed in Lebanon (see photo of nail buckets and plywood stack)
4.) The truck accessed the site for the first time by the 'road' I cut from Jan's house to my house site (i.e., not using Ralph's land to drive through)--and it worked wonderfully.

So, the next time, I'll put down (in order) the screen to keep out bugs, the vapor barrier, and then the 3/4" subfloor.  After that will come the wall framing!

Until then,

cm

P.S. The building inspector, right, checks to see if the corner is square.  He hiked his leg in approval, so I guess we've passed inspection.

P.P.S. You may can tell that the site is considerably greener since the last post.  Also, the ticks are out in force, and both Bucky and I had to comb through our fur for the little buggers.

2 comments:

Bear said...

Hey hey, progress is good. Keep it up. I expect to be drinking a cold one on your porch by the end of summer.

Charlie said...

Yes, after we finish a quick hors d'oeuvre of 9 holes of discgolfingers.