Friday, March 5, 2010

Progress (Babbitt-like, He Cried)!!


With the shed sorta finished, I started on the floor joists and the supports.

Again, the joists are 2x6s 10' long and the end caps are 2x6s at 12'.  2x6s act as cross supports.

What I did was (temporarily) nail down some 1/2" plywood in one corner as a work area and staging place--I'll take it up later.

After all cross supports are in place, I'll put down some gravel under the structure, then put 1/2" Styrofoam(tm) insulation and add 3/4" plywood for the subfloor.

It's coming along.

And remember--all of this--including nails, hammers, saws, wood, and insulation--has cost me nothing other than gas money!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is amazing. I am very impressed. The house is really looking great...really. The shed...not so much, but hey, what more does a lawn mower deserve?
Sid

Bear said...

Good work! Keep it up and keep posting the pix.

Charlie said...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Mike said...

I see saw horses! Is that anything like "I see dead people"? Looks good, brother!

Dani said...

And what does Buckie think? Hey, your project is looking like it is coming along nicely. And the weather should be turning nicer, too! D.