Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wall-E! (Tip o' th' Hat to Barry)

Ran down to the house site this pip emma and threw up the wall seen in the previous post.  It be brace-ed and relatively stable, and, with my imminent departure to worlds unknown for the next 10 days, it'll be quite the feather in my construction hat if The Thing still stands upon my return thereunto--if my construction hat has a place for feathers.  Perhaps I'm getting my Village People characters mix-ed up.

Notice, too, that the mid-to-late afternoon sun is largely shaded on my southern (windowed) and partially shaded on the western wall.  Nice going, Mother Nature; you put the trees in exactly the right spot for my cooling comfort during the impending Dog Days ahead.

On the way out, this monstrosity lay in my path.  I waited for his sluggish self to slytherin off before Bucky and I could make good our escape.

We celebrated with gas station biscuits and fried thingummies.

1 comment:

Bear said...

Good work. At least your snake neighbor doesn't appear to be of a venomous nature. He'll keep the vermin away.