Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Plan

Clicking here or on the link above will take you to the Country Plans site where you'll see an idea of what type of place I'll be building. The major changes from what this shows to what I'm planning are the south-facing wall (the one on the bottom in the layout or on the left in the drawing) will have several sliding glass door windows and the overhang from the roof will also be longer for shading.

Besides, I'll also tweak the living space a bit (putting the stove in the upper, right-hand corner, for example).

At 24'x14' interior, it's plenty. The porch will add living space, as does the loft for sleeping and/or storage.  Presently, I'm in a 30'x15' place, and it's fine for us.

Now, imagine it having the rock look of the garden shed in the photo above! See? Nice, eh? That's what I'm going for here!

Again, it's all I and my inter-species life partner, Bucky, need.

Less is more, right?

(Photo above from Melissa's Garden Shed Hall of Fame blog)

1 comment:

Dani said...

Hi Charlie. This size building should be easy to do in slipforming, if that is still your plan. I think it will be very charming when finished. I do wonder about how you will access the loft bedroom. I see visions of you covered with bruises. One missed step and your "Tonka Toys of the elderly" will be difficult to accommodate here. I say, "Go bigger, my friend. Go bigger!" Then again, I'm in a 3-story place, so take what I say in stride.

Good luck!